Transferring a photo to wood can be an enjoyable crafting technique once you get the knack of it. Not only can it be fun but it’s also quite easy to do. Sometimes you can also transfer images to fabric or on painted surfaces as well. It gives a photo a completely different look to preserve memories in a special way.
To ensure using the right materials for the job, here’s everything you need:
- Quarter-Inch plywood cut wood 13 x 8
- Matte Mod Podge
- Gel medium
- A piece of a damp rag
- Foam brush
- image printed on regular paper using a photocopier or laser printer
And now that you have all the materials, it’s time to create your wooden picture. Just follow the instructions laid out below and watch the magic unfold before your very eyes:
- Now the first thing you should do is place your plywood cut frame on the table and start applying a coat of gel medium on the surface. You can also use wax paper if you prefer but you have to make sure to protect the wooden surface.
- The next thing to do is to place your paper picture face-first on the plywood surface. Then you have to firmly smooth out the picture to get rid of the bubbles underneath. For more efficient results, you can also use a roller, if not that then a glass bottle, a rolling pin or anything similar will do.
- Then just leave it there like that overnight. Although it’s actually best to wait for a whole 24 hours to get the best results.
- In the morning, take a piece of damp rag or cloth to wet the picture as it’s placed on the board so that you can gently rub the wet paper off. Keep doing this until all the paper residue is rubbed off. Once you’ve done that, let it dry just a bit and then do it again to get any spots that you may have missed or so the other leftover paper pieces. But just remember that when you do this, keep gentle pressure during the wetting process as rubbing too hard will rub away the image.
- Now cover the board with the picture imprinted on the surface with Mod Podge and let it dry.
Watch the video below for the full instructions to create a beautiful keepsake that will be treasured for years to come.
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.
Join your friends or be the first to like our page