Angela Wright recently went through an ordeal that nightmare are made of. Wright moved into a new apartment in Brentwood, Tennessee with her fiancé Victoria only to find that it was infested with spiders.
I can’t imagine how terribly horrifying that must have been.
What makes this story worse is that they weren’t just your standard house spiders, they were venomous brown recluse spiders.
If you don’t already have the heebie-jeebies, listen to this…
She discovered her first spider while lying in bed!
“I told my fiancée, that’s a brown recluse and that’s a very dangerous spider,” Wright told BuzzFeed.
Wright soon discovered that they were next to the bed, on the walls, and even in the bed!
As if that wasn’t bad enough, it got even worse from there.
“We didn’t realize the problem was so major until we started moving things and we’d find handfuls in the corner,” said Wright.
Handfuls… of spiders… where she lives and sleeps! I’m getting anxiety just thinking about it! One night, Wright woke up in the middle of her sleep with a sharp pain in her left shoulder.
When she woke up that morning she had to dots on her chest that later turned black.
“I knew right away, I knew that I finally had gotten bit,” she said. “My chances were just dwindling.”
She went to the doctor and was given antibiotics but her condition worsened when she left the hospital.
She would end up being rushed to the ER by the end of the week.
“I can’t explain the feeling — it was crippling. I couldn’t breathe, I couldn’t take a deep breath, I couldn’t make sense of things, I couldn’t concentrate, I couldn’t even move,” she said. “I sat in one spot the entire day and just prayed this pain would go away.”
“They come back in and they’re like, you’re seconds away from a stroke,” she said. “I couldn’t comprehend it.”
When she first called the management company they said they would put her on the monthly spray list. Someone came and sprayed but the spiders didn’t go away.
“They said the only way I could move is if I got someone to buy me out, which I won’t, that’s awful,” Wright told CBS News. “They actually told me they didn’t believe me.”
She fulfilled the noticed and paid the first-month rent that was due while she and Victoria moved in with family temporarily.
Brown recluse spiders are found in Midwestern and southern U.S. states and have a violin shape on their head and have six eyes instead of eight.
They are brown or tan in color and can be a quarter inch to three-quarters of an inch long.
They prefer dry, secluded spots and their bites can cause:
- joint pain
- muscle pain
They will usually avoid humans but will bite if they feel threatened. They can’t bite humans unless there is some form of counterpressure, according to the CDC.
So there would have to be something that traps the spider up against the skin.
You might feel pain at the site of the bite where a small white blister may form. It can feel like a bee sting or worse. A severe lesion can occur and destroy skin tissue. If you’re bitten you should clean the area with soap and water, apply an antibiotic cream, and keep the area elevated to reduce swelling.
Follow your friends or be the first to join our group
You should also put ice on it, take over-the-counter pain medication and observe for more severe symptoms. If your symptoms worsen you should see a doctor as soon as possible. You need to take a child to the doctor immediately if they’ve been bitten because their bodies can’t fight the venom.
According to WebMD, worsening symptoms include:
- an ulcer or blister with a dark (blue, purple or black) center forming at the site of the bite
- extreme pain
- an infection at the site of the bite
- trouble breathing
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.