Victoria Jenkes is in many ways just a regular 26-year-old woman trying to live her happiest life. However, her lifelong struggle with eczema sometimes made even the simplest things a little more difficult. According to WebMD eczema is categorized as a skin condition that causes itchiness, dryness, and redness.
Excema can vary in severity, but it usually flares up throughout a person’s life. Not much is known about the cause of it or why certain people may have it over others, but for people like Victoria who live with this condition day in and day out, are committed to finding a cure.
Victoria experienced severe bouts of eczema which would sometimes cause her to miss work or other activities. One of her earliest memories as a child was her mother having to put creams all over her body so she could get some sleep at night.
For a long time, she relied on steroid cream to curb the symptoms which never seemed to work really. After some encouragement from family members, Victoria considered going a different route and focused on the type of foods she was putting into her body instead of the creams she was putting on top of it.
What happened next was nothing short of amazing.
Once Victoria opted to go 100% vegan, she started to experiences changes in her skin. While the progress was slow, it was steady. Victoria said about the experience,
My skin is completely clear, almost cured. It took around two months to be eczema free, but I would never turn back. Just try it! You will feel amazing after the results.
There is, in fact, an incredible connection between diet and skin condition so it makes perfect sense why this lifestyle change could be so effective. The vegan diet, in particular, is especially helpful because many fruits and veggies promote a healthier immune system to tackle the flare-ups associated with this skin condition.
However, because most people with eczema have a food allergy, but that allergy may vary person-to-person, it’s hard to say what type of diet will work for certain people.
Other Remedies for Eczema
- People living with eczema have tried a variety of natural remedies. The effectiveness of each treatment varies person-to-person.
- Coconut oil is known for relieving dry sky and can soothe the itchiness associated with this skin condition.
- Reduce stress and anxiety (both contributors to eczema outbreaks) by spending a little more time in the gym.
- Alcohol has known to be a trigger for eczema so reducing or eliminating alcohol could help you reduce outbreaks.
- Avoid wearing rough fabrics can protect your skin from irritation. Opt for lighter materials such as cotton.
- Take lukewarm baths with oatmeal in it can also help you avoid the urge to itch.
Who knew that such small changes could have such a significant impact on your skin? If you suffer from eczema, then you should talk to your doctor about other options that might work for you. You never know how your body may respond to one simple lifestyle change.
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.
Join your friends or be the first to like our page