Tired of having morning neck cramps? Ever feel like your head is so stiff it might never move properly again? Odds are you’ve been relying on a trusty pillow that really hasn’t suited your needs for quite some time. This is especially true of side sleepers who engage their neck, shoulders, and spine more frequently, thus needing a more reliable pillow to aid them in their journey towards better sleep. We’ll discuss the 8 best pillows that are perfectly structured to fit side sleepers of all shapes and sizes.
They have been specifically engineered to provide optimal support for your body and neck in order to give you the rest you’ve always needed. The market is flooded with a wide range of selection, but this list narrows down the cream of the crop in terms of comfort, material, price, warranty, and overall features that achieve that feeling of sleeping on a cloud.
In addition to our own testing, we scoured the web to compile this list of pillow reviews. We hope it helps you get the best night sleep ever.
Before we rank the pillows, let’s discuss some of the things that side sleepers should look for in their pillows. Side sleepers generally need the following things for optimal support and comfort:
- Loft: the thickness of the pillow is very important to consider – most side sleepers typically need a higher lofted/thicker pillow. Generally, your pillow should keep your head level, and your head should not create an angle either upwards or downwards with your neck
- Support: we define support as how well a pillow can retain an even surface for your head and neck – Support is another important variable to consider when choosing a pillow. A pillow without enough support will cause your neck to angle downwards, even if it is the proper loft. A pillow with too much support may not offer as much comfort as you would like
- Pressure relief: pressure points might develop around the shoulder and neck if a side sleeper’s pillow doesn’t keep these areas aligned with the spine. Pillows that properly align the shoulder, neck, and spine (typically with a contour) tend to provide the most relief.
- Shape: some fillings/materials tend to compress over time, which will cause the pillow to flatten and change. These pillows require regular fluffing or replacement. Solid memory foam/latex materials will retain their shape.
So without further ado, here are the best pillows for side sleepers on the market.
- Best overall pillow for side sleepers – Dosaze Contoured Orthopedic Pillow
- Best supplementary pillow for side sleepers -Leesa Hybrid Pillow
- Best value pillow for side sleepers -Xtreme Comforts Loft Bamboo Memory Foam Pillow
- Best down pillow for side sleepers – Brooklinen Down Pillow
- Best cooling pillow for side sleepers – Nest Bedding Easy Breather Pillow
- Best latex pillow for side sleepers – Saatva Adjustable Pillow
- Best firm pillow for side sleepers – Wamsutta Side Sleeper Pillow
- Most unique pillow for side sleepers – Drift The Scrumptious Side Sleeper Pillow
1. Best Overall Pillow for Side Sleepers – Dosaze Contoured Orthopedic Pillow, $99
The Dosaze Contoured Orthopedic is the perfect pillow for side sleepers. This memory foam pillow has an innovative, contoured design that cradles the natural curvature of your neck and relieves pressure points. It also aligns your neck, back, and shoulders, which promotes the proper sleep posture. In addition, the sides of the pillow are lofted higher than typical (ideal for side sleepers), so it fills the gap between your shoulders and head.
Numerous users have stated that the pillow has helped eliminate any recurring neck pain they’ve encountered. We tested the memory foam and found it to be have the ideal balance of support and comfort – it provides enough support to not let your head dip down, while also being soft enough to be comfortable.
There is a 60-day satisfaction guarantee night trial with a 3-year warranty, but we doubt you’ll want to go back after you’ve tried this amazing product. We’re not the only ones who think this as well – check out more Dosaze pillow reviews here and other review sites here.
2. Best Supplementary Pillow for Side Sleepers – Leesa Hybrid Pillow, $109
The Leesa offers superior support and offers a variety of options for your sleeping needs. The concept of a hybrid pillow is one that involves a secondary pillow that gets placed between the layers and can be adjusted to change the height of the pillow. In addition, the pillow is considered to be reversible which means it provides a quilted side and a much cooler side for those sleepers who feel like they’re overheating while sleeping. The Leesa provides these incredible options and all the while keep quality and comfort as the essence of their product. Truly great for any side sleeper.
3. Best Value Pillow for Side Sleepers – Xtreme Comforts Loft Bamboo Memory Foam Pillow, $49.99
Next, we have the Xtreme Comforts pillow. This pillow is composed of memory foam which allows the pillow to never go flat or become pressed throughout its lifespan. It is also adjustable for height like the Leesa, so you can adjust it to fit your sleeping preference to give you either firmer or softer support. The most distinguishing factor this product provides is a bamboo cover that improves oxygen circulation and is also hypoallergenic that is dust-mite resistant; aiding those that may suffer from allergy-related sleep problems.
4. Best Down Pillow for Side Sleepers – Brooklinen Down Pillow, $69
For all those who prefer sleeping on the softer side, look no further. The Brooklinen pillow provides an incredibly gentle feel while not compromising any reinforcement for the neck and spine. It is definitely an option for side sleepers who rather have their head and body be treated gently than to feel like they’re sleeping on a rock.
5. Best Cooling Pillow for Side Sleepers – Nest Bedding Easy Breather Pillow, $149
The Nest Bedding Easy Breather Pillow is a phenomenal option for all those that seem to get burdened with overheating at night. It contains shredded memory foam in its interior coupled with a blended fabric to allow you to cool down on those terribly hot nights.
6. Best Alternative Down and Latex Pillow – Saatva Adjustable Pillow, $145
The Saatva pillow is a great pillow for side sleepers – the cover is made of organic cotton and the core is Talalay latex. This pillow is responsive for neck and spine support. You can add or remove different component to adjust the loft, which is a nice feature (although, you’ll probably only ever have to do that once).
The pillow is on the expensive side – it runs $145 per pillow. It’s hard to say if this added cost is worth it.
7. Best Firm Pillow for Side Sleepers – Wamsutta Side Sleeper Pillow
For those who are trying to keep things simple and not overspend, the Wamsutta pillow is a great choice. For only about $15, you would be getting a product that provides a high degree of firm support and also offers a 300-count cotton cover and polyester fill to allow for contouring and easy sleep every night. The pillow is also equipped with a 3-year warranty. Now that sounds like a bargain if you ask us.
8. Most Unique Pillow for Side Sleepers – Drift The Scrumptious Side Sleeper Pillow, $99.95
This pillow is designed to be every side sleeper’s dream. It is custom-built to slash any issues concerning neck pain, headaches, and even spinal discomfort. The Drift is curved in order to focus on the supporting of your shoulders and side and even if you decide to sleep on your back. The high-quality density of the pillow is easy to get accustomed and really bolsters this product into the highest tier of pillows for side sleepers.
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.
Join your friends or be the first to like our page