Some people believe that coincidences are nothing more than a series of random events that have no underlying message or meaning, and there’s no supernatural intelligence running the show. Things happen because they just do.
But, others will tell you that there’s no such thing as coincidences! Whether they call it fate, destiny, or the Universe being cheeky, when the stars get all their ducks lined up in a row, it’s more than just a happy accident. It’s a MESSAGE!
No matter which camp you fall under, these photos of 75 weird and strange coincidences, one-in-million-odds, and other rare circumstances are almost too surreal to pass off as mere happenstance.
1) “The mountains and trees lined up perfectly on this camper on the highway.”
2) “Right place, right time.”
3) “Fire breather looks like he’s kissing a fire dragon.”
4) “A dragon fly landed on my friends foot and mirrored its own tattoo.”
But, catching a dragonfly trying to shag a dragonfly tattoo is definitely one-in-a-million! (That’s how they mate, from tail to tail.)
5) “Hometown zip code, t-shirt, race number, finishing time — all 33607.”
6) “Dog gave birth to three puppies, each with their own corresponding number on their back.”
7) “My friend just got this once in a lifetime picture.”
8) This is Fate working her sweet magic!
“Twenty years ago I went to an air show with my Grandpa and Uncle. One of the aircraft I sat in was the OH58 Kiowa. This was the day that I decided that I wanted to be a pilot. Today while looking through some old photos I found the picture below of me sitting in the Kiowa. I thought it was cool because that’s what I’ve been flying the past month. Upon arriving to the airfield today I asked operations if they have ever had a Kiowa with the tail number listed on the aircraft that I sat in when I was eight years old. (What are the chances right?) They looked it up and not only had they once had that aircraft there, but it was sitting on the ramp. I went out and took a picture with it and realized that I had actually been flying that specific Kiowa this past month. Twenty years later I am flying the exact aircraft that helped spark my dream to fly. Wild.”
9) “This bird landed on the page about itself.”
10) “Mosquito killed by a dart.”
11) “What is this I don’t even-“
12) “Managed to catch this balloon popping on my phone…”
13) “Butterfly bro lands on his own picture.”
Or, like @clamberrypie said:
“It’s like a butterfly version of the Sears catalog lingerie section.”
14) “In very rare circumstances it is possible to see a full 360 degree rainbow from an airplane.”
15) “Brother spent a year trying to get a lightning photo. He caught this last night, I just noticed the boat in the bottom left.”
16) Fisherman dad caught the wallet he lost in the lake 20 years ago.
“So my dad, a fisherman at lake “Attersee”, Austria, just fished up his old, lost wallet in one of his fishnets, after he had dropped it into the lake 20 YEARS AGO.”
17) “Triple rainbow.”
“This happens because one (two) rainbow(s) is(are) generated by the sun and the other, with the weird angle, from the reflection of the sun on a lake or body of water. If the reflection was strong enough you would see 4th.”
18) “My brother accidentally wore the same outfit as my daughters birthday present.”
19) “My dog’s white stripe lines up perfectly with the water’s edge.”
20) “Two collided bullets from the Battle of Gallipoli, 1915-16.”
21) These amazing pictures sparked the need for fingerprinting.
Understandably, staff were confused by the men who shared the same name, same hair, and practically the same face (although on closer inspection you can notice the differences.
They are part of the reason why law enforcement now uses fingerprints as identification.
22) “Rare cloud phenomenon over eastern Victoria, Australia.”
“Spotted this rare phenomenon over eastern Victoria. Fallstreak holes, or hole punch clouds, form in clouds that contain supercooled water droplets — at a temperature below freezing point, but not frozen.”
23) “My blind son found a four leaf clover on his own. What are the odds?”
The noble Jedi Knight way:
“The Force is strong with this one.”
Or, the Party Pooper (@Teste_on_Hennes_Chin) way:
“You know how the saying goes: “Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile.” I suppose this is his nut.”
24) “Swedish guy accidentally captures green meteorite while searching for the northern lights.”
25) “What are the odds of this accident?”
26) “An albino deer I spotted in northwestern Wisconsin yesterday.”
According to some Native American traditions, white deer are symbolic of a great shift coming to this world.
27) “Lottery ticket vs. winning numbers.”
28) “The People You May Know section of Facebook Put up these pictures that allign perfectly with unrelated people.”
29) What kind of crazy is this?
“This was taken during a thunderstorm, and that’s the sky lighting up from a lightning strike. Somehow my coworker snapped a pic before the sky fully lit up.”
30) “4 strangers same outfit.”
31) “My friend’s father caught a blue lobster the other day.” Odds are 1 in 200 million.”
32) “We got another rare lobster in at work. This time he’s a 1 in 30 million calico lobster.”
33) “These licence plates.”
34) “Friend tried to toss me his keys at work, they got stuck on piping in the roof like this.”
35) “The print on the lorry in front is in the same spot my wife took her background photo.”
36) “This unbelievable picture is really real.” – Dad
“Almost 12 years ago my Dad caught a picture so rare that no one believed us when we told them. Today I finally found the picture to prove it…”
37) “Once in a lifetime.”
38) “I dropped a plate by accident,and it spilt in half perfectly. No shards or chips.”
anymore, like they did back in the good old days.
39) “Eggsperts say odds are 11 billion to 1.”
40) “My friend captured possibly the rarest thing that’s ever happened.”
And, then there’s this from @therealpixie:
“Looks like squirrel incest to me! Surely two albino squirrels must share DNA.”
She’s got a point!