Have you tried purchasing a box of chocolates only to find out that there were only a few pieces inside the box? Well, you’re not alone. Manufacturers use these tricks to get you to buy their product and for them to earn more. Sometimes, they add buzzwords to the products to make you purchase more. They also put terms in small texts, so you won’t notice it.
But, people are seeing the trend. They’re getting smarter about the things they buy. Before purchasing a product they would read the label in the packaging and look for reviews online. Others have shared their experiences, so people can watch out.
We were able to gather 53 photos of manufacturers tricking consumers but people were too smart to take the bait.
1. This is what ‘more’ looks like?
2. Thank you for all the…oh…
3. Sneaky, sneaky
4. When they flat-out lied
5. When there were terms and conditions
6. More optical illusions
7. Oh, you wanted an entire bottle?
8. When they dangled the phrase “Free Beer”
9. More waste of paper and plastic
10. What you see is what you get.
11. That’s what the Stanley Cup looks like, right?
12. When they tried to make a tiny portion size look big
13. When their “bigger” wasn’t really better
14. When they tried to tell us Snickers bars were double size
15. When “approximately 40 inches” actually meant 28
16. Just kidding!
17. What about the warnings?!
18. One-a-Day needs to change their name
19. Optional is not an option
20. When they said this packaging was biodegradable
21. When they thought we wouldn’t read past the first line
22. When this olive oil was actually 90 percent sunflower oil
23. When they said they were resizing
24. When this knife was made of copper and also steel
25. When the label hid how much product we were getting
26. Not-so-long shrimp
27. That’s a giant swing
28. When the free kettle wasn’t really free
29. A fake hair
30. Not again
31. Blending the exit button in the background
32. When the portions didn’t fit the box
33. When they disguised an ad as an emergency alert
34. When they tried to make food look better than it was
35. When they tried to charge 40 cents a minute for parking
36. This is just cruel
37. Pool of lies
39. When they disguised ads as parking citations
40. When they hid the right download button in a bunch of fakes