Here are 45 tips to take gorgeous photos with your phone that are beyond Instagram-worthy.
You’ll be capturing stunning shots in no time and the best part? Your camera is right in your pocket.
1) Use gridlines to help create balance
2) Focus on one particular subject
3) Take interesting perspectives
4) Make use of leading lines
5) Our eyes like patterns
6) Avoid using the ‘zoom’ feature
7) Take advantage of natural light
8) Invest in a mobile tripod
9) Abstracts are beautiful
This look can be accomplished by cropping an abstract portion of an otherwise normal photo, or by taking close-up shots of objects that leave the viewer wondering — in admiration, of course — what the subject might be. And subjects with patterns or repetition are great candidates for abstract photography, like in the photo of sliced figs below,” explained Hubspot.
10) Think outside the box
11) Clean your lens religiously
12) Don’t be afraid of the edit functions
13) Set your phone’s focus
If you’re taking a photo of something in motion, for example, it can be difficult for your camera to follow this subject and refocus as needed. Tap the screen to correct your phone camera’s focus just before snapping the picture to ensure the moving subject has as much focus as possible. A square or circular icon should then appear on your camera screen, shifting the focus of your shot to all of the content inside that icon,” shared Hubspot.
14) Pay attention to negative space
15) Have fun with reflections
16) Symmetry is beautiful
17) Try color blocking
18) Details are key
19) Only use flash during the day
20) Play around with exposure
To change your mobile camera’s exposure by hand, open your camera app and tap the screen. When you see the lens refocus, you’ll see a very small sun icon and a vertical scale. Slowly swipe your finger up and down this scale to adjust the light level,” explains Hubspot.