Have you ever had that feeling of being stuck between a rock and a hard place? Chances are that you didn’t mean it literally. Well, unfortunately for dozens of people in Omaha – they actually know the literal meaning of that well-known phrase!
Someone placed a rock on a median in a parking lot to prevent people from cutting the corner by jumping the curb, apparently a common occurrence – until now. What’s even crazier? This rock has it’s own Facebook page because of its reputation.
Sadly, for these 30 people, they didn’t notice the giant rock and they became very, very stuck.
Watch where you’re driving, people!
1) In Omaha, Nebraska – there is a rock.
2) This rock was placed here to prevent people from jumping the curb.
3) However, people didn’t seem to notice the giant rock.
4) So many people, in fact – the people of Omaha created a Facebook page to share photos.
5) It’s like people aren’t looking at the road at all.
6) Apparently the rock has been there for at least two decades.
7) But people still can’t seem to take note.
8) The rock has started to become a bit of a local celebrity.
9) The theory is that people aim their car where their looking and just don’t see the rock.
10) Another theory is that people just turn a hair too soon.
11) Now, we wonder – is the rock really worth the hassle?
12) It was put there because people would get flat tires from jumping the curb.
13) And it would cause big holes in the grass which would cause puddles.
14) But it seems like this is just a bit ridiculous, right?
15) The local tow truck companies have got to be raking in the cash.
16) People even come by to take pictures with the famous rock.
18) There’s even a local bar that offers a discount if you take a selfie with the rock.
19) People have started to make memes of the rock.
20) But really, it’s just a fascinating thing, isn’t it?
21) Someone thought googly eyes might help.
22) It at least made people laugh.
23) What’s funny is that the rock is outside a vision center.
24) It seems like a common sight here in Omaha now.
25) You can just wait in the parking lot and watch what happens.
26) It’s really quite the scene.
27) Some people even ‘pretend’ to crash into the rock.
28) But for most people it’s not really that funny.
29) Then again…it kind of is.
30) Watch out people of Omaha, you could be next.
Keep an eye on the rock and any more photos that people post on the now infamous Facebook page. If this isn’t peak ‘internet,’ we don’t know what is.