Traveling is amazing, but it’s the actual process of traveling that’s never any fun. Waiting in lines and wasting time in airports, sitting on a cramped plane with recycled air, then waiting for baggage — it can be pretty miserable. However, when you’re greeted by family and the ones you love, all of that stress just melts away — or so you’d hope.
After a long stint away, you might be greeted with endearing handwritten signs or flowers — that is, unless you belong to any of these families or circles of friends. They decided to take things to the next level.
The friends and families who put together the signs below all deserve an A+ for creativity.
We found 30 of the funniest, most creative, and sometimes super embarrassing ‘welcome home’ signs found at the airport.
From embarrassing dads and husbands to adorable kids, these families definitely have a great sense of humor — a wonderful thing to come home to.
1. What all the people in the airport didn’t know — she wasn’t in prison. She was returning home from a trip.
2. It was her first time flying by herself. Dad used it as an opportunity to completely mortify her.
3. She wanted to make her own ‘welcome home’ sign for grandma and grandpa. It made everyone’s day who saw it.
4. He greets his straight friends at the airport with this sign.
5. A girl’s dad greeted her at the airport like this. He’s obviously the best dad ever.
6. “I’m picking up my friend, ‘Chocolate Johnny,’ who literally has a chocolate factory in Australia.”
7. It’s the name of a metal band, you guys. Calm down.
8. This little brother thought it’d be funny to greet his older brother at the airport with this sign — again, wasn’t in rehab.
9. We’re sure the parents were very excited to come back home from vacation to their sassiness.
10. When your siblings remind you why you moved away for college.
11. Whoever this was for took one look at this sign and knew he was busted.
12. People were pretty bummed when they realized it was just a dad embarrassing his son.
13. Hope he wasn’t wanting to just relax on the couch and watch movies after the long flight.
14. If your friends make elaborate Dumb and Dumber jokes, they’re keepers.
15. Ouch. This is clearly the passive aggressive daughter.
16. So, if she’s Princess Consuela, she must be Mr. Crap Bag.
17. Oh, look! They found them! Thank goodness they used such flattering pictures, which we’re sure they appreciate.
18. Hmm…is that a nickname or…?
19. This is how you make people blush very quickly.
20. A soldier is returning home after deployment, he had never met his daughter before.
21. He greeted his wife at this airport like this. She loved it.
22. This is the Seattle-Tacoma Airpor, by the way.
23. “My Air Force brother-in-law is coming home for the birth of his son/ my nephew. I’m picking him up from the airport.”
24. Then she made him walk underneath her arm throughout the entire airport.
25. Welp. I guess everyone knows what they’re doing after this.
26. Her roommates picked her up like this, now everyone nearby is intrigued.
27. Aren’t you glad to be home, Mom?!
28. An adorable dad joke at its finest.
29. This guy isn’t known for having ‘subtle’ friends.
30. It’s okay, half the people that got off the flight wish they were seeing that sign.
Follow your friends or be the first to join our group
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.
Source: Bored Panda