But, sometimes – even the wildest conspiracy theories are actually true – and we found 20 of the craziest.
These seemingly totally insane conspiracy theories are much more real than we’d probably want to think. So, if you’ve ever thought the moon landing was faked, the government is reading your texts, or that Elvis is still alive – you’ll definitely want to keep reading.
1) Tobacco companies always knew about the risks
2) The CIA heavily studied UFOs in the 1950s
3) Major oil companies conspired to fix prices
4) A Soviet spy was actually in Congress
5) Coca-Cola hides the dangers of sugar
6) The only person that sang in The Pussycat Dolls was Nicole Scherzinger
7) Britney Spears didn’t sing on one of her albums
8) The FBI was keeping an eye on John Lennon
9) Pharmaceutical companies make up new diseases
As an example, take osteopenia, a bone-thinning condition. This is the mid-point between healthy bones and osteoporosis. So, if you have this, the only thing you can do is try to prevent the development of osteoporosis. And osteopenia is often presented as a disease that requires very expensive treatment,” says Brightside.
10) The NSA listens in on phone conversations
12) The CIA secretly gave people LSD
13) There’s a secret gathering of the elite
14) The CIA funded the Dalai Lama
15) There were 10 people in on Lincoln’s assassination
16) The government poisoned alcohol during the prohibition
17) A 1st Lady acted as president of the United States
18) The U.S. government used body parts from newly deceased children for radioactive testing
Years later, a British woman named Jean Prichard reported that she hadn’t been allowed to dress her stillborn daughter’s body for the funeral in 1975, because (as she later found out) her baby’s legs had been removed by British doctors and shipped to the U.S. government. “No one asked me about doing things like that, taking bits and pieces from her,” she said,” reports Best Life.
19) Nazi scientists worked for the U.S. government
20) The CIA has a secret weapon that causes heart attacks
Pretty crazy, right? If you’re one of those people that is always told you’re making up conspiracy theories, well – maybe you’re right! Do you know of any other crazy theories out there that have been proven to be true?